Another week, another few pounds. Good grief! I'm getting very close to a 40-pound weight gain and dangerously close to catching Scott. Yikes!
I made it to 35 weeks on June 28. Assuming I don't go into labor before then, the twins will be born on July 12 via c-section. I'm not thrilled about having a c-section, but that seems like a better option than having one born naturally then the second born via c-section (how can it possibly be fair to have to have BOTH types of delivery?!?). So, yea, c-section it is.
I'm super excited to see the light at the end of this impossibly long tunnel - less than two weeks left!! Thank goodness - the twins have taken up every ounce of available space in my abdomen. I don't know how short women survive this (I've got a really long torso and I'm still uber-uncomfortable). I also don't know how anyone can carry more than two babies - those are the real superwomen.
Both babies passed their non-stress tests at my doc appointment on June 28. The doctor didn't take the babies' measurements this week, so there is no telling what they weigh now. (This was good for Scotty - I think he was a little sad to learn last week that they were only in the 26th percentile . . . I'm trying to convince him it's because: (a) although I'm tall, neither of us are particularly big people; (b) the twins are being compared to singleton babies; and (c) I haven't been eating hormone-ladden protein/dairy or buttered Pop-Tarts a la Jessica Simpson . . . though Pop-Tarts (non-buttered) do sound sort of good right now . . . ). In any event, I've got my fingers crossed that the babies are over the 5-pound mark now (or will be by July 12).
Week 35 has been pretty uncomfortable. I can't sleep anymore (I wake up every hour to roll over -which now takes a concerted effort by both arms and both legs - and use the restroom) and both hands are totally numb (I've apparently developed carpal tunnel from all the swelling). Oh, and Scott says I've started snoring. So, yea, pregnancy is SUPER attractive. Hopefully it'll all resolve as soon as the babies are out of my body . . .
Here are some pictures from week 35 (I know everyone loves to check out the enormity ). And, yes, I am wearing pajamas and/or sweats in all of them. That's all that fits anymore and I refuse to buy more clothes (I'm sure I'm delusional, but I'm hoping that none of my maternity clothes fit when I get home from the hospital w/ the babies . . . )!!!
(Oh, and since I've officially rid myself of the keep-em-in-there anxiety, I got back on the elliptical this week, albeit at a pedestrian pace. And, yes, I did wear this "outfit" to do so - it's Scott's shirt and it doesn't cover my belly anymore. Regardless, and even though most of the people at the gym were staring at me like the idiot I probably am, it felt really good to sweat and use my legs again):
No comments:
Post a Comment