So this is it. This time next week, we'll have two babies. Crazy! Although it feels like I've been pregnant forever, and although I've bitched non-stop for the last week (or, er, three weeks), it now seems like everything is moving really fast and I can't believe it's almost over. For the next week, I'm going to try really hard to take my sister-in-law Jen's advice and take advantage of there not being anyone needing me 24/7! Too bad part of that won't be sleeping - I can't sleep at all anymore (and all the fools suggesting you should get plenty of sleep in the weeks leading up to delivery have, quite clearly, never been pregnant - you are literally awake all night at the end - and I mean ALL NIGHT).
Other than sitting around waiting, I've been wasting time exercising (still swimming and doing the elliptical) and watching TV. The Olympic Trials (diving/gymnastics/swimming/track) were on TV last week and I don't think I missed a single event. Excellent! Now that they are over, the Tour is on and that will keep me occupied until the Olympics start later this month. I'm pulling for Bradley Wiggins this year. But that's really only because Andy Schleck is out (injured), Cadel Evans drives me nuts (I think it's his voice, which I know is ridiculous), and Wiggins is on the same team as the Manx Missile, who I love!!!
Nothing else really to report this week. Assuming I don't go into labor before July 12, Scott and I are going to have a "Last Supper" next Tuesday night. Not sure yet if we're going to go out for dinner or cook steaks here. I'm leaning towards staying in, but mainly because I'd like to have a glass of wine with dinner without anyone staring at me like I'm the devil (one of the things I like least about living in the Bible Belt . . . these idiots think nothing about scarfing down chemical-laden fast food but God forbid you have one glass of wine with dinner . . . ).
A big topic of conversation at our house this week has been the babies' genders. Truthfully, neither Scott nor I care what the babies are - we'll take healthy!! That said, we've talked about it a lot (we've had to come up w/ six names, after all). Scott and I have been all over the map on this for the last nine months - sometimes sure it was two girls, sometimes sure it was two boys, and sometimes sure it was one of each. I think we're both now pretty firmly in the two boys camp. But I don't think either of us would be surprised if it was one of each. The only really big surprise would be two girls. I guess that's because everyone that sees me tells me I look like I'm carrying boys (whatever that means?) and the ultrasound tech has always been very careful about telling us not to look when she was anywhere near the babies' groins. But they could really be anything. I think the only person who cares is my mom - she REALLY wants a girl (probably because I didn't fill that void as a child - I was the biggest tomboy EVER . . . ).
No comments:
Post a Comment