Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This is it. Don't get scared now.

So this is really it - the twins will be here tomorrow morning!!!! 


Hard to believe today was my last tandem workout.  I've frankly gotten used to saying "we're" going for a swim.  And, on the days when I didn't feel like working out, I would give "us" a pep talk ("C'mon twinkles, let's go drag ourselves through the pool for a while.").  It's going to be interesting going back to "me" and "I."  But I honestly can't wait to be pulling just my own weight through the pool and over the roads -  I will never take running/swimming for one for granted again.  :)


Here's a picture of me headed out for my last tandem workout (1.5 mile swim this morning, the day before the twins will be here - I would have gone tomorrow morning also but I have to be at the hospital at 6:30, so I won't have time.  Speaking of which, I wonder if the twins will be as foolish & psychotically competitive as their mother??):




And here's a couple of final pictures of my belly.  It's enormous.  But, looking at it, I still sort of can't believe there are TWO babies in there.  I guess I'll believe it tomorrow morning.  :)





Speaking of my belly, I'd like to give a HUGE shoutout to The Spoiled Mama company.  I have used their Bump Gloss (oil) and Tummy Butter (lotion) since I found out I was pregnant and, amazingly, I didn't get a single stretch mark over the course of this pregnancy (and I hope I didn't just jinx myself into getting one tonight!).  I didn't even think that was possible if you carried twins full term.  Especially if genetics aren't on your side (sorry mom - but this is the one thing I am glad I didn't inherit from you).  The Bump Gloss and Tummy Butter were pretty expensive but they worked!!  And they were less expensive (and less painful) than laser surgery would be . . .

Last night, Scott and I went to our last pre-baby date night.  We ended up going to Ruth's Chris and really blowing it out (steaks, twice baked potatoes, and dessert - if you are going to do it, might as well go all out . . . ).  It was excellent.  Forgot to get a picture though (sorry!).

Here are my final stats: 43 pound weight gain.  Yikes.  That means I did, officially, pass Scott.  Which is sort of his fault (to counterbalance all the carbs I was making him eat (if I was going down, he was going down with me!), he started running 10 miles a day in the horrific Mobile summer heat/humidity).  I am hoping for a 20-pound weight loss tomorrow.  We'll see.  At its largest circumference, my waist is 42 inches, which is hilarious.  Here's hoping it goes back to its normal size quickly (by my birthday in October would be nice . . . )

Alright, that's it.  Next post, we'll have some babies!!!  Wish us luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment