Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Shenanigans at 20/21 weeks

We had a GOOD time when I was 20/21 weeks pregnant. 

First, we went to the babies' anatomy ultrasound and the doctors told us everything was looking good (though we opted not to find out the babies' genders).  Here are pictures from the ultrasound and me before we headed to the ultrasound. 





I specifically remember thinking I was enormous that day and was really starting to look pregnant.  Ha!  I had no idea just how enormous I was going to get!

After the ultrasound, we headed to New Orleans so Scott could march in the annual St. Patrick's Day parade with his good friend Brian (and Brian's wife Mary's family).  It's always a really, really fun day (less so for me this year - no Guinness . . . ).  If one (or both!) of our twins are boys, they'll hopefully march in the parade with their dad some day.  Here's a picture from Scott's pit stop to refuel (i.e., pick up more beads and booze):


When we were in New Orleans for the parade, I stopped by a local maternity clothes store (Baby Bump on Magazine, which I highly recommend) to pick up some pregnancy clothes (my regular clothes were no longer cutting it and there's absolutely nowhere to shop in Mobile).  While I was there, the store owner talked me into modeling maternity clothes at an upcoming fashion show.  How I let myself get talked into that I'll never know.  Flattery I guess (when you feel big, you'll apparently do anything if someone tells you you look good . . . .).  I didn't think the show was going to be a big deal, so I agreed.  And I got my mom to come with me, so we made a girls' trip out of it.  It was so much fun!  Besides the fashion show, which turned out to be a bigger deal than I expected.  There were real (like 6 foot, 100 pound) models there and about 1000 people in attendance.  The maternity "models" (myself included) looked hilarious by comparison.  We all had a good laugh about it though and it was ultimately not too bad.  Here are some pictures from the show (and I have no idea why they put my hair up in that ridiculous updo . . . . ):







No comments:

Post a Comment