Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Little Piglets!

I haven't posted anything since August 15 and admit I am a wholly inadequate blogger.  But I promise I am going to work on it and will do a few more posts over the next several days to make up for my recent absence. 

Here's an update I drafted on August 17 but forgot to post:

The boys had their one-month checkup today.  They are doing great!!  Tait weighed 8 lbs, 12 ounces and Deuce weighed 8 lbs, 11 ounces.  Tait was 21.25 inches and Deuce was 20.5 inches.  This put them in the 40th percentile range, which the boys' pediatrician told me was great for twins born three weeks early.  Because I am nursing the boys, I don't know how much milk they are getting at each feeding and it was a huge relief to me to find out that they are growing appropriately!  The only "bad" news we got - and it's totally cosmetic - is that Deuce is starting to get a flat spot on the back of his head.  Hopefully we can get it resolved without him having to wearing a helmet.  I'm working on it!  Also surprising - Deuce's head is bigger than Tait's (38.25 cm v. 37.75 cm).

Incidentally, the boys seem REALLY big to me these days and I can hardly believe that a lot of babies are in the 8 to 9 lb range when they are born!

In other news - and I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this! - the boys finally seem to understand the difference between day and night.  That's a huge relief for me, and I hope we have some good nights of sleep ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment