Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Big, awake, and fussy.

The boys are getting bigger and more awake every day.  They also seem to be getting more fussy every day.  Yikes!  Fortunately, I've read online and heard from friends that this fussy stage is just that - a stage - and that it will be over soon (by the time they are three to four months, I'm praying!).  In the meantime, we do a LOT of baby holding around here.  That seems to stop the crying.  I may be shooting myself in the foot and spoiling the heck out of them, but I can't stand to hear them cry.  Also, I figure I should get in as much snuggling as possible now - I'm sure a time will come in the future when they don't want to snuggle with their momma!

In other news, we took our first excursion last week!  Since the boys' July 12 arrival, we've been pretty much holed up in our Mobile house (I refuse to take the boys out in public until they get a little bigger, which means they haven't been anywhere except our backyard and the doctors' office).  By last week, Scott had had enough and announced we were taking the boys to the beach.  [We bought a condo in Orange Beach, Alabama last year and haven't spent too much time there lately since I was so massively pregnant this past spring/early summer. Also, the last time we went, I sat by the pool in a bikini and a bunch of overweight, Bud-heavy-swilling rednecks gawked at me like I was a sideshow freak . . . not fun.]

Anyway, I was a little nervous about leaving our Mobile hideout because: (1) we've developed a very predicable (and comfortable!) routine in Mobile; and (2) all the boys' "stuff" is here in Mobile and the thought of transporting that stuff (sleepers, bouncers, clothes, diapers, bathing stuff, pump . . . ) to Orange Beach along w/ two babies and two big dogs seemed daunting. But we decided to go for it - I figured we were going to have to break out of our house at some point!!!

The trip to the beach was wonderful. The boys and I stayed inside most of the time because the boys can't get in the sun or wear sunscreen yet, but it was a very nice change of scenery. And the dogs REALLY enjoyed getting out on the boat with Scott - he took them swimming every day we were there. That made me feel good - the puppies have been a little neglected since the boys arrived.

Here are some pictures of the boys from the last couple of weeks.

Snuggling on the couch:



Wide awake:




Scott and the boys (when I tried to blow this photo up, it got all distorted - sorry!):


Me and the boys (we find ourselves in this position a lot these days . . . it'd be nice if I could grow two extra arms . . . ):



Me and Deuce:



Me and Tait:











No comments:

Post a Comment