Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Month One.

It's REALLY hard for me to believe that the boys are already a month old.  Where has the time gone??  And what did I do before the boys got here??  I've done virtually nothing but feed and change babies since July 12, but everything I ever did before that date seems to pale in comparison.  I have never been so happy in my entire life (even with the sometimes mind-altering sleep deprivation!). 

There isn't much new to report this week.  We're firmly entrenched in an eat, sleep, poop routine (the boys - I'm not talking about myself here!).  This week, I've survived the boys' first growth spurt or their first round of cluster feedings.  Either way, it was R.O.U.G.H.  From approximately 5pm to 10pm, all the boys want to do is eat.  It is crazy.  Thankfully, the payoff has been nearly 5 hours of consecutive nighttime sleep for Tait.  Deuce still wants to eat every three hours all night long, but it's MUCH easier to feed one baby than two.  Needless to say, we've had two very good nights of sleep over here (and by "very good," I mean that I go to bed at midnight and wake up three times to feed the boys - once for Tait and twice for Deuce.  So "very good" is all relative . . . ).

On another positive note, the seemingly constant feedings are really putting weight on the boys.  Their bellies are big and round - they sort of look like wormy puppies - and they both have double chins.  See:




I LOVE IT.  Nothing cuter than a chubby(ish) baby!


Though I don't have a baby scale, we've weighed the boys on our adult scale (very unscientific - weighing myself while holding a baby then subtracting my weight while not holding a baby).  On our scales, they are approximately 8 pounds.  We'll find out what they really weigh at their one-month doctor appointment this Friday.  Can't wait!!  They look like chunky little monkeys to me!  :)  [Though I understand it probably sounds ridiculous to most people to refer to an 8-pound baby as a chunky monkey - again, it's all relative -they were 5 lbs, 11 oz when we brought them home from the hospital . . . ]


Here are some pictures from the last week (oh, and I took an obligatory one month picture (with a sign) but I can't find the USB cord for our fancy Nikon camera, so I'll have to upload and post that one later . . . .):

Tait (where did he get those big, beautiful eyes??):



Deuce (he's lost nearly all his hair at this point - still the cutest, angry Irishman EVER): 




Both boys (aren't they getting big???):




All the boys cuddled up on the couch (Tait holding Deuce's leg): 


Scotty and the boys:


Me and the boys:


Until next time . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment