Monday, November 12, 2012

The Connecticut Crew.

Scott's family (his dad, brother, and nephew) came to visit last weekend and we had a great time.  They came in from Connecticut and we were worried that they might not be able to make it due to Superstorm Sandy.  Fortunately, they made it intact (aside from two of Bill's ribs, which were broken - and he still made the trip - what a rockstar!).  We ate dinner at the house, hung out at the pool at their hotel, and watched a lot of football.  My boys didn't totally cooperate but they didn't totally not cooperate either (we had some fussy moments but only at the usual times - evenings!).  I know my boys will have a lot of fun playing with their cousin in the future (for now, my guys were a little too small to be much fun to their cousin).  Here's a picture from the weekend with all of the Driscoll boys:



In other news, we took Deuce to see a GI specialist last week.  We got some good news and some bad news.  First, the good news: there is nothing wrong with Deuce other than his sensitivities to dairy, soy, and eggs.  The bad news: he had blood in his stool again, which means I have to cut out the nuts I added back to my diet last week.  I also have to stop eating anything made in facilities that even so much as process dairy or soy (even if there is no dairy or soy in whatever I am eating).  Frustrating, but oh well.  Hopefully Deuce'll be able to tolerate dairy/soy/eggs/nuts soon.  I've got my fingers (and toes and legs and arms . . . ) crossed.  For now, it's back to chicken, sweet potatoes, and avocado . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment