The boys' four-month doctor appointment was last week. At their appointment, Deuce weighed in at 13lbs, 1oz and was 24 inches long. Tait was 14lbs, 8 oz and 25.25 inches long. Those measurements put Deuce in the 10th percentile for height and the 15th percentile for weight. Tait was in the 75th percentile for height and the 50th percentile for weight. Our pediatrician said Deuce looked great and was back on track growth-wise - she said she wasn't concerned about his size at all. That means this insane diet of mine (still dairy, soy, wheat, and nut free) is working! Seeing Deuce so happy and healthy b/c of the diet makes it a little easier to forget about all the delicious food I won't be eating over Thanksgiving and Christmas!
The only other notable news from the doc appointment is that Deuce has to start seeing a physical therapist to treat his torticollis (his head is tilted to one side b/c the muscle that connects his breastbone and collarbone to his skull is too tight due to the way he was positioned (wedged under my ribs!) in utero). I've been trying to stretch his neck out at home but I haven't been very successful at fixing the problem because he screams bloody murder when you do the stretches. I'm glad someone other than me will have to do those stretches from now on - listening to him scream (because of something I'm doing to him, no less) is heartbreaking!!
In other news, the boys have found their feet and Tait has gotten his into his mouth. The boys have also rolled over a few times, but totally on accident - they haven't figured out how to do it purposefully yet. Oh, and Deuce has started sucking his thumb (argh!!! how do I get him to stop?!?!). Also, I've moved the boys from sleepers on the side of my bed to the cribs in their nursery. It was a hard transition for me - I really liked being able to check on them all night long by just sticking my head over the side of my bed. But they had to make the transition at some point, and I figured four months was as good a time as any. So far, they are doing great in their cribs.
Here are some recent pictures:
My beautiful (sorry, handsome!) sons:
(Tait)
(Tait)
(Deuce)
(Deuce)
(Tait)
(Deuce)
(Me and Deuce)
Sitting in their big boy chairs:
(Tait)
(Deuce)
No comments:
Post a Comment