College football is here!!! Alabama's first football game was on September 1 against the then-way-overranked Michigan Wolverines. The game was at a neutral site - the new Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, Texas. I wish I could have gone to the game - Michigan routinely beat up my Northwestern Wildcats when I was in college (except my senior year - when we FINALLY beat them and won the Big Ten - we were ultimately destroyed (66 to 17!) by Nebraska at the Alama Bowl, but that's another story for another time). Anyway, I wanted to see Michigan line up against the big boys (Alabama!) instead of beating up my nerdy friends. The good guys (Alabama!) won and won big - 41 to 14!!! Tait and Deuce were decked out in a their new Crimson Tide jersey onesies (sent by a good friend from law school - thanks E!) for the game. Unfortunately, we missed most of the second half because Deuce had a major meltdown . . .
In any event, here are some pics from game day, which we spent at my parents' house in Camden, AL (Scott was working, so he missed all the fun . . .):
Here's hoping Alabama has many more wins this season. Roll Tide!!!!
[Incidentally, it was a good football weekend all around, with Northwestern holding on to beat Syracuse. Go 'Cats!]




No comments:
Post a Comment