Sunday, January 27, 2013

Roll Tide!!!!!!

OK, so a little late for this post (as per my usual MO).  But, you know, better late than never.

Alabama won the national championship again this year - second year in a row and third time in four years.  Nick Saban certainly knows what he's doing.  This time, we beat Notre Dame.  Having grown up in Chicago, which boasts an amazing number of obnoxious Notre Dame fans, I couldn't have been more thrilled with the result.  We embarrassed them, plain and simple.  Love it!

The boys passed out before the game started, so they missed most of it.  Well, Deuce missed all of it.  Tait woke up for the second half.  I suspect he only woke up b/c he knows that the only time TV is on at our house is for sports (which, for all intents & purposes, has meant college and professional football so far, though we're now getting into some hockey at their father's insistence . . . ).  Here are some pictures from the game, which we watched at home (very low key):

(Roll Tide.  And, yes, Tait is wearing camo in addition to an Alabama onesie.  Yikes.)
 
(Watching the game with daddy).
 
(Watching the game with mama.)
 
(Fell asleep; not enough excitement in the game.)
 
(Same.)
 
(Awake again for the end.  Roll tide!)
 
I ordered the boys official championship t-shirts (and, of course, the newspaper from the day after the game). I think that will be cool for them to have when they are my age - I'd love to have one from the 1977 college football season (I was born in 1978).  It was sort of interesting trying to guess what size the boys might be when they are all grown up.  We ultimately ordered two large t-shirts, even though we probably should have gotten at least one small or medium (Deuce, I'm NOT looking at you buddy . . . ).

Until next football season, Roll Tide!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment